Youth Servant Leadership and Education Program (YSLEP)
Poverty is a perennial problem in the world. In the Philippines, at least 21 million falls on the poverty line.
But, studies showed that poverty incidence drops to 2.4% in a household with at least one college graduate making EDUCATION A 98% POVERTY REDUCTION INDICATOR.
A tangible response in the spirit of charity, Caritas Manila breaks the chains of poverty through the Youth Servant Leadership and Education Program (YSLEP).
For more than six decades, YSLEP provided college education for the poor, underprivileged but deserving youth equipping them with leadership and Christian values formation.
YSLEP Module three-point action:
YSLEP is not just a scholarship program but a leadership formation program. We hone servant leaders imbued with self-discipline, moral integrity and social responsibility.
- Leadership engagement
- Holistic formation
- Academic excellence
- 100% of our partners are active servant leaders in their Church or community.
- 100% youth servant leaders finish college
- 100% of our partners are employed or have become an entrepreneur 6 months after graduation
Call to action section:
All it takes is 30,000 per year to support one youth servant leader.
Where will your donations go?
- Tuition and school fees
- Books and school projects
- Board and lodging
- Food allowance and transportation expenses
- Servant leadership formation